LOS ANGELES, CA
Co-Founder and Chief Scientific Officer for RapportBoost.ai, an emotional intelligence engine for conversational commerce. We use machine learning, A/B testing, and closed loop experimentation to help companies understand how best to engage with their customers via chat and messaging interfaces.
- Engineered the core architecture for the system, developed and maintained all databases, and built the platform from a variety of data science tools: Python, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, RabbitMQ, and Django.
- Developed closed-loop analysis and iterated through a variety of state-of-the-art data science models with an eye towards: (1) predictive accuracy of the models; (2) speed of real-time recommendations; and (3) scalability of the underlying platform.
- Explored the viability of a dozens of different external datasets and APIs with the goal of improving the predictive accuracy of the models and the real-time recommendations of the overarching system.
CORNERSTONE ONDEMAND, INC.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Chief Analytics Officer responsible for engaging in thought leadership, building relationships with University partners, developing intellectual property, and leading all research and development activities.
- Engaged in thought leadership by mining client data for unique insights into human resource practices and disseminated the findings through conference presentations, Research Insights, and White Papers.
- Built and managed collaborative relationships with researchers at a half-dozen top tier Universities around the world that yielded presentations at academic conferences, working papers, and journal articles.
- Led all research and development (R&D) activities that created intellectual property and ultimately resulted in a number of provisional and utility patents being filed on behalf of the company.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Chief Analytics Officer responsible for applying econometric techniques to analyze client data, automating reporting / optimization processes, and leading efforts to port this functionality into a scalable SaaS platform.
- Developed new econometric models and methodologies and applied them to client data in order to produce monthly updates of client results and to calculate the value created by Evolv.
- Provided econometric expertise to automate the closed loop optimization process, calibrate the pre-employment assessments, and make them more strongly predictive of employment outcomes.Led the team that developed the business requirements, coordinated with Engineering, and performed the QA necessary to port reporting and optimization functionality into a scalable SaaS platform.
PASCAL METRICS, INC.
Managing Director of Applied Science responsible for leading the firm’s Research and Development (R&D) activities and acted as a link between the firm’s Operations, Engineering, and Client Development groups.
- Provided scientific support and insight – methodological, statistical, and analytical – to clients in need of assistance interpreting, disseminating, and acting on organizational data.
- Developed new products, services, and technologies with respect to survey- and observation-based metrics; text mining procedures; data reports, visualizations, and analytics; and statistical algorithms.
- Provided scientific expertise throughout the sales cycle in existing lines of business and identified new opportunities for growth that complemented and extended Pascal’s existing lines of business.
Consultant for three years within the Digital Hospital Initiative of the firm’s Health Care Advisory (HCA) practice while working on a collaborative project with its Health Research Institute (HRI).
- Analyzed time-series (1998-2005) data on U.S. hospitals (6,000+) from HIMSS Analytics, the American Hospital Association, Medicare Cost Reports, and Thomson-Medstat Medpar databases.
- Drafted written materials in support of the project that included a research methodology, project presentations, outlines, preliminary academic papers, and white papers.
- Managed oversight of the project while approaching potential collaborators, hiring additional personnel, and presenting the research methodology and results to major stakeholders.
THE LEWIN GROUP
FALLS CHURCH, VA
Research Analyst II for two years within the company’s Health Care Policy practice and staffed on a number of projects for such clients as SAMHSA, CMS, HRSA, and AHRQ.
- Managed all data-related activities for a project studying the effectiveness of national PASRR requirements, including data collection, statistical analyses, and the development of relational databases.
- Coordinated project activities for the Medicaid Payment Accuracy Measurement (PAM) project by communicating with participating states to organize conference calls, site visits, and quarterly reports.
- Conducted interviews with state Medicaid officers to create a technical guide aimed at instructing states regarding the implementation and financing of Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) programs.
- Assessed the evidence-base supporting the use of assigned medical practices by targeting literature databases, conducting interviews with experts, and writing detailed memos summarizing the findings.